Rapid Food: High performance door for the food industry
Lippstadt, 02 December 2011. In order to protect human health, stringent hygiene regulations are found in all areas of the sensitive food industry, from local small-scale food production to international conglomerates, in kitchens and canteens. This puts a high demand on the standards for materials used in food production areas. The new high performance door of Albany Door Systems is ideal in order to separate production areas from each other safely and to ensure smooth logistics operation. The door is easy to clean due to its smooth surfaces and its optional hinged side frames. Therefore it meets the requirements of good hygiene praxis (GHP). Due to its short opening and closing times it is possible to keep a constant temperature. The benefit for the operators of the door is the HACCP-compatibility of the door, i.e. the risk class can be improved.
The most important hygiene regulations are the mandatory requirements regarding food safety. The product developers of Albany Door Systems focused on these regulations when creating the Rapid Food door, as for example the regulation (EC) 1935/2004 for utilized materials which come into contact with food. The high performance door is also suitable for use in the three hygiene zones according to the GFSI, Global Food Safety Initiative.
The Rapid Food can be used for a variety of purposes: It serves as entrance to production, washing or storage areas and offers reliable protection against contamination and pests.
The door can be used as an access to hygiene locks to separate sterile from non-sterile areas.
The side frames and the bottom profile of the food door are completely made of stainless steel (V2A). Additionally the producer offers a slanted top roll cover and motor cover which ensure drainage. The top roll cover is hinged for easy cleaning. The side columns are open at the bottom in order to avoid the collection of excess cleaning water. Due to the hinged side frames it is possible to thoroughly clean and disinfect the inside of the side columns. The drip drain on the bottom profile ensures that no liquid running down the door curtain enters the clearance. Energy efficiency is gained via the rapid opening speed of up to 2.2 meters per second as well as the rapid closing speed of up to 1.0 meter per second. In case of a power failure the door can be opened by means of a Bowden cable.
The smooth door curtain made of transparent PVC with blue reinforcement stripes is resistant against cleaning aids and is not affected in its function or appearance by permanent cleaning. The reinforcement stripes are available in an extensive variety of RAL colors which means that the door can also be customized to its production surroundings. A curtain which is neutral in taste and smell as demanded by the American Food and Drug administration (FDA) is available on request.
- European regulations=regulate the requirements on food safety. The Rapid Food door focuses on the following norms:
- Machinery guideline 2006/42/EC regulates the design of food processing machines which come into contact with the product
- Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004, regulations on materials and objects which come into contact with food
- DIN EN ISO 14159 hygiene requirements for the design of machinery
- DIN 10516, food hygiene-cleaning and disinfection
- DIN EN 1672-2, general design principles, part 2: hygiene requirements
- GHP = Good Hygiene Praxis. The abbreviation refers to the hygienic conditions of the surroundings and includes hygienic measures regarding room climate, protection against pest or the surface design of the interior.
- FDA = Food and Drug administration. The US authority stipulates the requirements for PVC which comes into contact with food.
- HACCP = Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. HACCP is a self control system for risk analysis and mangement of critical control points. According to article 5 of the regulation (EC) 852/2004 food processors are obliged to introduce a permanent procedure based on this system.
- Risk classes = every food processor in Europe is categorized into a total of 9 risk classes. These classes regulate the control frequency of the authorities. It may be possible for the operator to improve his risk class with the Rapid Food door of Albany Door Systems.
World`s leading manufacturer and provider of industrial doors and servicing. Produced at the main site in Lippstadt amongst others, the high-speed doors have a proven track record across the world in numerous companies and industries. The company offers its services and products in almost every country in the world, either directly or through its partners. In addition to Lippstadt, Albany has four other production sites located in China, the USA, Turkey and New Zealand.